Yusuf Faqiri, brother of Soleiman Faqiri and advocate for the Justice for Soli campaign accepted the Malcom X Social Justice Award given by the founders of the One Love Gala along with one of our main executive members. Successful stories of ex-inmates were celebrated. We’d like to thank everyone that has been very supportive by sharing this journey with us. Together, we will help in building a more just society where people suffering from mental illness get all the help and resources they need.
- After my brother’s death in prison, my family has lost faith in the system. But we still believe in justice
- Statement from the Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants
- Statement from Colour of Poverty – Colour of Change
- Statement from the Urban Alliance on Race Relations
- Statement from the BC Civil Liberties Association