Yusuf Faqiri, brother of Soleiman Faqiri and advocate for the Justice for Soli campaign accepted the Malcom X Social Justice Award given by the founders of the One Love Gala along with one of our main executive members. Successful stories of ex-inmates were celebrated. We’d like to thank everyone that has been very supportive by sharing this journey with us. Together, we will help in building a more just society where people suffering from mental illness get all the help and resources they need.
- How an investigative podcast helped get justice for an Ontario family, plus new podcasts for January
- Ontario misses deadline on first of 57 Soleiman Faqiri inquest recommendations
- Going to jail can disrupt health care for people with mental illness, inquest hears
- Forensic psychiatrist testifies at coroner’s inquest into death of Soleiman Faqiri
- Mentally ill man should not have been in jail where he died, inquest hears